What is the Best IDX Plugin for WordPress for your Real Estate Business?
It may be a bit bold for me to announce that I think this service is the best IDX Plugin for WordPress, but it is true for me, today. As technology changes so does my opinion of what is the best. (update 1.31.14) In order for me to explain why it is the best, to me, I think I should first explain IDX.
IDX stands for Internet Data Exchange and is a real estate property search enabled site that allows the public to conduct searches of approved Multiple Listing Service (MLS) properties in a certain area. It is the exchange of the MLS Data to the IDX customer giving the IDX customer the ability to display all listings that are on the MLS. Just like Redfin, Zillow or Trulia.
Having the MLS data on your website can be quite advantageous (see aforementioned, Trulia, Zillow, Redfin, business models for proof). You see when people begin their new home search they want to find a website that will show them all the homes that match a certain set of parameters, that is easy to use, that is easily accessible, and that makes sense. And often times they will use an IDX enabled Real Estate Website to do this research. Better it is your Real Estate Website that they use to start their new home search.
Often times the first place consumer’s will go to find this is Google, Bing or Yahoo, the search engines. They will type in the Keywords that match their particular search criteria, such as:
- Downtown New Construction
- Waterfront Condos
- Big City Homes With a View
- Homes on Executive Country Club
- Homes for sale in Little City
Many times the results they find will be Realtor.com, the big local brokerages, or Zillow, but often times the results they find are IDX Powered Real Estate WordPress Websites. Once the consumer finds what they are looking for on the Search Engine, the site that provides that data, and its owner, has instant Legitimacty. (1 of the 5 Goals of a Real Estate Agent Website)
G.L.A.M.R. – 5 Goals of a Real Estate Agent Website
G – Generate – Your Real Estate Website should generate leads.
L – Legitimize – Your Real Estate Website should legitimize you as a professional.
A – Authoritize – You should be seen as an authority in your industry or niche.
M – Multiply – Your web presence should grow with your website.
R – Residence – Your Real Estate Website should be the home or hub of your internet marketing efforts.
Types Of WordPress IDX Plugins
There are many ways to get IDX on your Real Estate Website. A couple companies that I have worked with and continue to work with are:
- IDX Broker
- Diverse Solutions
These are the 3 of the biggest providers of IDX in the country and provide a phenomenal product. They all provide an IDX plugin for WordPress as well. There is just one problem with one of the plugins.
The service was not designed around being a WordPress Plugin. Some companies are designed around being an HTML Website focused IDX provider. That is why I think there is a Better IDX Plugin Available for WordPress Real Estate Sites.
Best WordPress IDX Plugin
Spot On Connect (Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for this product and make a small commission if you buy it) is my new Favorite IDX plugin. Well it is the only WordPress plugin that I would use for integrating IDX into a Real Estate Site. Because it is the only one that was designed Specifically to be a WordPress Plugin. What does that mean for you and I, the consumers?
- It is Not Expensive
- $49 month / No Set Up Fee (update 2/11/14)
- It is Easy To Use because it was designed that way
- It is Works Better and with less bugs with your Real Estate WordPress Website
- It was designed to work well with the populare WordPress Theme – Genesis Framework
- It creates More SEO Friendly links back to your Website, each custom search that you create generates 10′s to 100′s to 1000′s of SEO Friendly Indexable Links back to your Website and MLS search functionality
- Backend Management that is In your Website and not another Backend you have to keep track of
(Edited 4.02.2013) Here is an example WordPress Website That I Created Using Spot-on Connect IDX PluginV2
Spot-On Connect V2
(Edited 4.02.13) Spot-on Connect has released V2 and upgrades have been made on the front and back end:
- Faster Load Times
- Increased SEO Optimization
- More Clear Call To Actions
- Agent Contact Information
- Social Media Integration
- Better User Experience
- More Elegant Design
- Increased Customization Options
- Lead Capture Database
- & Responsive Design (Mobile Friendly)
- Fast and Fresh and Automatic Listings
- Beautiful Map Search Functionality
- Featured Property Slider Widget
- Quick Search Widget
- Backend Management in your WordPress Dashboard
- Lead Capture
- Matches Your Website
- Easy Neighborhood and Niche Search Page Creation
- Blog and Categorize Properties
- SEO All Your listings
- Publish listings to social media sites
- All properties linked back to your domain.
- No iframes
- Indexable Property Listings
- Automatic Sitemap Generation
- Friendly URL’s