Market Your Business Locally on over 43 of the top websites on the Internet with YEXT
For years I have been reminding business people and Real Estate Agents to make sure their business profiles are completed, and up to date. Your clients are looking for you, make it easy for them to find you!
Let’s face it… it is a pain in the petunia.
There are so many places that people look for your services. And what do you do if you change emails, employees, specials, or move? Log into 40+ websites with all the passwords you forgot to make the changes.
If They Are Not Searching For Your Business on Google
It may seem obvious but not everyone searches for your business on Google. (Most do, and we will cover that in a second) Many will search for your business on Bing, Yelp, City Search, Local.com, or SuperPages. If they do not find your Business Listing here they will find your competitions.
Perhaps they are searching for your business to “Check In” and want to Market your Business to all their friends on Foursquare. Or they may be searching for your business on Google Maps, or Mapquest.
If They Are Searching For Your Business On Google
You can increase your Business Web Presence, or SEO, with Business Citations.
“Citations are defined as “mentions” of your business name and address on other web pages, even if there is no link to your website.”
That means that everytime your business is “mentioned” on a Business Listings website, like Yellow Pages, your SEO increases.
How To Market Your Business Locally Using Business Listing Sites
1. DIY – You can get a list of the 40-50 most searched Business Listings Websites and start creating your profiles. If you go this route it is important to create a spreadsheet to keep track of all the websites that you are listed on.
I have created a Free Business Listings Organization template that you can download here:
Pro: It’s Free and you have total control
Con: It is a repetitive, tedious activity that must be documented and if you have a change you will need to update every account individually.
2. We Do It – You can hire a service or company to set up your Business Listings.
Con: If you have a change you will need to pay to have it all corrected.
3. PowerListings software and network – I have recently signed up for YEXT Power Listings. It is a service that AUTOMAGICALLY updates over 40 of the most popular Business Listings Websites on the Internet. You can start a FREE SCAN with YEXT and decide if it is something you would be interested in.
Pro: All you have to do is fill out your business information 1 time and press GO! And if something changes… I login to 1 website and make the changes. Yext will submit the changes to all your business listings.
*Full Disclosure* I will make a small commission if you sign up for this service.
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST LIBERALLY
Business:An "Internet Marketing Specialist" with a goal to Educate, Enrich and Empower Entrepreneurial Real Estate Agents and Small Business Owners.
Me:#GoHawks, #BringBackTheSonics, #MaybeNextYearMariners, #ILoveMyKids #SeattleSunLover #SeattleWaterLover #BFF
Blog:Focuses on WordPress Websites, Content Management, SEO Services, SEM Campaigns, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Beautiful Design, IDX, and more.
Latest posts by Jason Fox (see all)
- Time to Put Real Estate IDX Service Out To Pasture? - November 14, 2014
- Get Big Search Results with Local SEO for Real Estate - October 29, 2014
- Your Website needs a Real Estate Landing Page for Leads - October 20, 2014