8 Questions To Ask To Use Social Media For Sales [Report]
Social Media can be entertaining, fun and even helpful. But what most of us really want, is to know how to use social media for sales generation. A survey conducted by, VisionCritical, may be able to help answer this question. They created a report based on 6,000 responses to 8 questions. Based on 3 Social Media Networks: Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. The answers to those questions generated data such as:
PINTEREST IS THE NETWORK MOST LIKELY TO DRIVE SPONTANEOUS PURCHASING Twitter and Facebook purchasers are more likely to make social media-related purchases of products they were already researching or considering (source: From Social To Sale)
The Report asks 8 key questions your business needs to ask in order to understand how social media drives sales.
1. WHICH SOCIAL NETWORKS DO YOUR CUSTOMERS USE, AND HOW MUCH?
- If your clients are Women between the age of 35 and 54 you better be on Pinterest
- If you clients are Men between the age of 35-54 you better be on Twitter
A daily Facebook campaign is a better ideas than a daily Twitter campaign.
2. WHAT DO YOUR CUSTOMERS WANT FROM EACH OF YOUR SOCIAL NETWORK PRESENCES?
- People want to learn about Cooking and Crafts on Pinterest.
- Health info on Facebook.
- If you talk Tech, Twitter is for you.
3. HOW MANY OF YOUR CUSTOMERS HAVE BOUGHT ONE OF YOUR PRODUCTS AFTER SHARING OR FAVORITING IT?
If you can get your clients to share your product or service on Facebook there is a 38% chance it will result in a sale.
What is interesting is that having a potential client share you on Facebook results in more “In-Store” purchases than “Online”.
4. WHAT ARE THE SPECIFIC PURCHASES THAT ARE TRIGGERED BY SOCIAL MEDIA?
According to this data if you sell food & drink, or Technology & Electronics, and are not on Social Media, you need to fire your Marketing Manager!
5. DOES PURCHASING LEAD TO SHARING, OR DOES SHARING LEAD TO PURCHASING?
When you shared or favorite this item, were you already thinking of purchasing it?
Draw your own conclusions…
6. HOW DOES SOCIAL NUDGE YOUR CUSTOMER FROM INTEREST TO PURCHASE?
43% Of consumers on research their purchases on Pinterest.
37% Of consumers on Facebook purchased due to a sale or deal.
38% of purchasers figured out where to buy a product on Twitter.
7. HOW DOES MOBILE SHOPPING MOVE YOUR CUSTOMERS FROM SHARING TO PURCHASE?
- 38% of Pinterest & 43% of Facebook users do not make purchases with their mobile device.
- However, 81% of Twitter users made at least some of their purchases on a mobile device.
- Total of 66.6% of Social Media users surveyed said that after they shared an item they purchased it on their mobile device.
8. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE CUSTOMERS TO GO FROM SHARING TO SHOPPING?
Facebook generates the fastest time from Social Media Sharing to sale, followed by Twitter, and Pinterest users tend to take a bit longer to make the purchase.
Ask your customers the questions noted above and use their answers to craft your perfect path from Social Media to Sales. Or you can use the data collected above from over 6,000 people and get a pretty big head start.
The most interesting, or the piece of data I would not have made a good educated guess, was the percentage on In-Store sales that are generated by Social Media.
What is clear in this data is that you can, indeed, use Social Media for Sales Generation.