If you have a WordPress blog and need an Events Calendar for your clients…
If you have a WordPress.org Blog, congratulations you made a wise decision. You may be in need of an Events Calendar, an easy, attractive, and efficient way to post your events on your WordPress Blog that your clients can easily access.
The easiest way that I have found to do this is with a Free WordPress Plugin called The Events Calendar. You can download the plugin using the link provided and go to Plugins>Add New>Upload,or you can simply go to Plugins>Add New>Search and search for The Events Calendar, and upload and activate it.
Once the Events Calendar plugin is installed it is very easy to create your events calendar.
1. In the left hand column you will find a Category called “Settings” click it, then you will click a sub-category called “The Events Calendar”:
2. You can adjust some setting to Optimize your Events Calendar. You can check whether you want the events to show as a Calendar or a List… I prefer Calendar. You can check whether to add a Google Map to the Event. You can customize the “Slugs” to the events (here you would describe the Events Calendar with SEO friendly keywords) and finally Save your settings:
3. Now it is time to create your events. Again you will go to the left hand column and look for Category “Events” and click it, then click the Sub-Category “Add New”:
4. Creating a new event is just like creating a new blog post, with some additional steps.
- Give the Event A Title
- Give the Event a Description
- Do not publish Yet but Keep in mind that once all steps are complete and the event is ready we will “Publish” it.
- Add the event’s time and date
- Add the event’s location
- check Google map if you would like a map added
- Add your details to the event
- Finally add a cost, if there is none leave blank
- Sell tickets directly from your post
- Track attendees
- Add a printable ticket option from your site