Are You a Content Marketer or Growth Hacker or Content Hacker?
“Growth Hacking is the process and mind-set of searching for ways for your product to grow. It’s kind of like a mix between Engineering and Marketing” ~ Dan Martell
I am sure you have heard of Content Marketing but have you heard of growth hacking?
A marketing technique developed by technology startups which uses creativity, analytical thinking, and social metrics to sell products and gain exposure. Focusing on low-cost and innovative alternatives to traditional marketing such as social media and viral marketing.
Content marketing is a form of marketing that involves the creation and sharing of content in order to acquire customers.
“Content Hacker = A growth-focused content marketer.” ~ Garrett Moon
Content Hacker Infographic
- The Content Hacker does not think Product to Market / Does think Content to Audience
- Focused on Growth
- Turns contacts into Connections
- Rather than seeing Scale a Content Hacker sees Sustainability
- Data Driven
- SEO Minded
- Viral Growth
- No style guides
- The Content Hackers “True North” is Sharable Content
- Articles with images get 94% more views
- 36% of readers prefer a headline that starts with a number
- Articles with more than 2,400 words rank higher in Google Search
- Blogs give sites 434% more pages indexed by Google
- 36 of the 75 top shared stories on Facebook included video
- 53% of marketers say content creation is the most effective SEO technique
- 78% of consumers believe that organizations that provide custom content are interested in building good relationships
The infographic also describes 5 successful Growth Hacks:
Can You Be All 3?
Absolutely. I think that on any given day I am all 3. Although, I will admit that I most closely resemble the Content Hacker.
What style of Inbound Marketing most closely describes you?