DIY Social Media Video Production Reference Guide
Video is more popular than it was last year, and the year before, and the year before. People on the internet Love to watch video. Over 50% of the time that people spend online is watching Video…So let’s give it to them.
Online video viewers will reach 169.3 million in 2012
53.5% of the population and 70.8% of internet users (up 7.1% from 2011) will watch online video in 2012 – Hubspot.com
You are convinced that Social Media Video Production has value, but what do you do next?
You can make video with nothing more than a laptop and an internet connection. You can use Camstudio to record your screen and do How to Videos. That is just one of a hundred different ways that you can make videos that will increase traffic to your website.
What You Should Have:
- Cannon 3Ti
- Cannon M301
- Screen Capture and Laptop
Basic Camera Requirements
- record in .MOV or .MP4
- With external microphone jack
Optional Camera Eqipment
- Manfrotto.com/klyp for iPhone
- Additional Len’s
- SD Card or Extra Memory
- Microphone or lavalier mic (this is not really optional)
- Extension Cord
3 Point Lighting
- 3 Aluminum Clamp On Lights from Home Depot, 3 Daylight CFL bulbs, and 3 round paper lantern light covers
- Three Point Continuous Lighting Kit
- Three-point lighting is a standard method used in visual media such as video, film, still photography and computer-generated imagery. By using three separate positions, the photographer can illuminate the shot’s subject (such as a person) however desired, while also controlling (or eliminating entirely) the shading and shadows produced by direct lighting. – Wikipedia.com
Video Editing Software
- Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD
- Movie Maker
- A Nice scene in your office
- Green Screen
- Seamless Paper Roll
The point with the equipment is that you can go as inexpensive or as expensive as your quality demands. As complicated or easy as you see fit.
The easiest to do and most effective video style is the “How To Video”. This is extremely easy for most professionals as it is something that we are explaining everyday to our clients, and all you need to do is film it.
I recommend that you spend 15-20 minutes and create a storyline. Do not write your script out completely, as you will then find yourself on recording day simply trying to remember your script. The video will not appear authentic.
You may want to create a “Video Bumper” the beginning part of a video that let’s us know who made the video or what company that you represent.
This piece should be no more than 3 seconds. Your viewer will decide to watch your video within the first 10 seconds, do not waste it on your Video Bumper.
Make sure that you tell the viewers what they will learn immediately. And do it in a way that explains the benefit to the viewer and not just a feature.
In this video I will explain How To Optimize Your Website For SEO. – OK
In This video I will explain How To Make Some Adjustments To Your Websites That Will Attract More Visitors. – Better
Most videos will be best suited to stay in the 30 second to 2 minute range in length. However, there is a good reason for some videos to be longer in length.
The easiest way to come up with new ideas to use to create video’s is the same as finding blog post ideas, answer the questions your clients ask you everyday.
Below you will find a Infographic that outlines different video formats for your Social Media Marketing:
Infographic by FAME
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST LIBERALLY