Are you curious how I got my 1 year old blog, www.JasonFox.me, 10k unique visitors last month? If that number seems small to you, my hat is off. But if that seems like a good goal for your companies website then I will share some details.
Where Do the Unique Visitors Come From?
1. I DO NOT use any PPC. No Google Adsense, No Bing adCenter, No Yahoo. None.
2. 100% of my traffic is from the Search Engines and Social Media.
3. The majority of my traffic comes from my 10 most popular blog posts.
Evaluating the Analytical Data
1. Over 10k Unique Visitors – That means that over 10 thousand people came to my website this month that have never been to my website in the past.
2. There are Significant peaks in the data – These are the times when I add new content (in my case a blog post) that is well received.
3. 46K Page Views/32K Visitors/10K Unique Visitors – This tells me that:
- 22K readers decided that they would re visit my website
- Of those 32K visitors they read an average of 1.5 pages. Meaning that the first page was good enough to read a second 50% of the time.
4. My unique visitors are down 5k from last month:
- This is in direct relation to the amount of content that I have been adding.
- I created only 5 new blog posts the last 30 days.
- I generally create 10-12 blog posts every 30 days.
10 Steps I Use to Get 10K Unique Visitors
In order of importance:
1. New Content a Minimum of 1 time a week
- I use my blog to create new content 5-15 times every month.
- **VERY IMPORTANT** My content is original and teaches something, and each Blog post is SEO Optimized.
2. SEO Campaign
- My site is SEO Optimized
- I exchange links with quality websites
- I incorporate a Social Sharing strategy
3. Email Newsletter
- I capture visitors email address and send them a weekly email to remind them to revisit my website.
4. Social Media Syndication
- I use a service to share my new content on 40 different websites
- I use Buffer App to post my new content to Twitter 10 times
6. Linkedin Group
- I post all my new content to my Linkedin Group and 49 others.
7. Pinterest Page
- I pin an image from each blog post to a Pinterest Board.
8. Google + Profile
- I post every blog post to my Google + profile.
10. Facebook Fan Page
- I post every blog post to my Facebook Fan Page.
p style=”text-align: center;”>If You Think Your Friends Might Be Interested In This Post Please Consider Sharing It! Leave a comment below to share your thoughts.