Hire a Blog Ghost Writer? If You Are NOT Going To Write
Will content marketing still work if you hire a blog ghost writer? I suppose it could.
I will tell you upfront, I do not use a ghost writer, and have never used a ghost writer. I have accepted guest posts, that are clearly marked as such and give proper credit to the actual author.
I do have clients that use a ghost writer. Why?
Why Use a Ghost Writer
My clients are Real Estate Professionals and Small Business Owners, they are busy… crazy busy. Many times they just do not have the time to write blog posts consistently. Many of them, just have no interest in writing.
There are 2 Big Advantages to writing content for a business blog:
1. Is Social. You are able to create an emotional connection with your writing style.
2. Is Traffic. Each time you post a blog post it is a Search Engine Indexable page of content that you can market with.
While you will not get the Social Advantage you can still get the Traffic.
If that is true then why write your own blog posts at all? It is the social aspect that is the X factor and can increase your traffic exponentially. It is the social aspect that will get people to want to share the content, comment on the content, and want to subscribe for more of it.
Bottom Line: In my humble opinion using a blog ghost writer is better than not blogging. But substantially less effective than writing your own content.
How To Find a Ghost Writer
If you have decided that writing your own content is just not for you, or perhaps you just want to supplement your content I recommend using iwriter. (I have no relationship with business)
They offer 100% original content written about your topic starting at $1.25 a post. If you post 1 times a week that is $5.00 a month. You can not beat that.
Like I said before, I have clients that use this service and the posts are good. They are not great, but it is because they lack that social aspect.
You could also put an ad in Craigslist and you will get 100’s of responses. This will require you vetting the writing and negotiating a price.
I would not try to outsource the writing out of the country. I work with many SEO Copywriters from outside the states and although the content is usually good there is almost always grammar issues.
I found these iwriter tips and thought I would share:
1. Monday’s are typically the best day to submit article requests.
2. Fully utilize the “add writers to your favorites list” feature.
3. Always try to include “special instructions” to the writers
4. Don’t be afraid to pay for Premium level writers.
5. Watch the short video tutorial on how to request articles:
6. When you submit article requests for a keyword, also submit requests for a misspelled version of the keyword. For example, if I’m having an article written on a famous sports player (i.e. Peyton Manning) then I’ll have several articles written:
– Peyton Manning
– Payton Manning
– Peyton Maning
– and so on…
7. “Spinning Articles” was a very popular method of getting multiple variations for an article; however, these days, I would steer away from article spinning.
Write your own content for your blog on a consistent basis.
If you are not going to write your own content use a blog ghost writer.
I recommend using iWriter.com if you are going to outsource.
I do not use a blog ghost writer.
Please share this post liberally with your friends!