How To Do WordPress SEO #Infographic
Looking for quick list to help you to do WordPress SEO? This Infographic may be good tool for you.
There are over 200 Major Ingredients that go into the Google Search Algorithm. It is like the Coca Cola Formula, it can’t be cracked. But there are some things that you can do to increase your chance of getting ranked.
Hands down the most important thing that you can be doing to grow your internet exposure is Blogging.
How To Do WordPress SEO
- Choose a high quality Responsive WordPress Theme
- Use a Proven WordPress SEO Plugin
- I use WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast
- Use a plugin to have your code Gzip’d and Cached.
- This infographic is suggesting you use W3 Total Cache to accomplish this. I personally have discontinued using plugins like this and instead have switched to using Premium WordPress Hosting that incorporates heavy Varnish Caching, and other proprietary techniques to ensure your blog loads fast, into their hosting service.
- Install a Social Sharing Plugin
- Prepare quality Content
- Landing Pages, About Page, Contact Forms, Etc.
- Disallow category and tags pages in robots.txt
- This can be done with the WordPress SEO plugin – and prevents your own content from looking like duplicate content to the search engines.
- Configure Blog Landing Page to show only excerpts
- Install custom URL plugin
- This can be done with Yoast’s SEO Plugin
- Set “Post Name” as URL in “General Settings”
- Again Done with WordPress SEO Plugin
- Install Redirection Plugin
- Here, I use WP Engine Hosting and they have this feature built in.
- In each Page or Post make sure you have an image and give it an Alt Tag
- Install an Analytics plugin and add the Analytics code
- I use Clicky
- Verify site with Google Webmaster
- This can be done with WordPress SEO plugin
- Install .XML Site Map Plugin and submit to Google Webmaster
- Done with WordPress SEO Plugin
- Create Business Pages on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Linked, Pinterest, Youtube, Foursquare, etc.
- Promote each Page and Post on Social Media Sites
- Submit your site on Open Directory Sites
- Submit your site on other Directory Sites with Good PageRank (well known sites)
- Create Business Citations on the top sites
- Share your site on quality bookmarking sites
- BLOG! Using a strong and consistent Content Management Strategy
Did I mention that you should blog. Add WordPress SEO Optimized Blog Posts to your site on a consistent basis.
Below is the 20 Most Effective Ways Of Doing SEO for Small Business Sites Infographic: