How To Write The Perfect Facebook Post [Infographic]
My friends at Salesforce.com brought my attention to their Blueprint to write the perfect Facebook post infographic. We love it.
Number 1 question people ask me… How do I get more engagement on Facebook?
I wish there was a simple answer to this question, but there just isn’t. One of the answers that I lead with is to write the perfect Facebook post, or a Facebook post that is more likely to be seen, get likes and comments, and your friends want to share.
Personally, I think of my Facebook account as my Social CRM. The easiest and most effective way to stay in touch with my sphere of influence, past and current clients, friends, and family. I do not expect making a sale or directly getting business with a post… and I think you should have similar expectations. If you can get your Fan Base and Friends to engage with your Facebook regularly… You never know what can happen.
How Do You Write The Perfect Facebook Post?
- Click Status Update
- Start by adding your text or copy:
- Keep it to under 90 characters
- Write like you are talking to your friends
- Ask a question
- Include a link to your Marketing Hub (WordPress Website)
- Shorten the URL using Bit.ly
- Click the small x on the link and image Facebook adds after you add the URL
- Upload an image that relates to the post
- At least 300px x 300px, ideal is 401px x 401px
- Do not use your logo or any image that looks like you are trying to promote yourself
- “Boost” your post (paid advertising) this will put your perfect Facebook post in front of 10’s of thousands of eyeballs
- Keep an eye on your post and make sure you stay engaged when you get comments
- Use your manners… Please and Thank You. Return the favor.
- Measure the Facebook insights to gauge your success and fine tune your process.
Now go and Write The Perfect Facebook Post!