Prepare Your 2014 Internet Marketing Plan… The Help You Need

SMART Internet marketing PlanS.M.A.R.T. Marketing

  • Specific
  • Measureable
  • Attainable
  • Relevant
  • Time-Bound

Time to start preparing your 2014 Internet Marketing Plan… if you have not done so already.  You know who you are, over-achievers.

Raise your hand if you had a Online Marketing Plan for 2013.  For the 20% of my readers that raised their hand… congratulation.  For the rest of the 80% I’m sure that you see value in a strong marketing plan.  So why are we not making them?

Time, Lack Of Understanding, Budget… maybe a bit of all 3.

There is a pretty simple little formula for real estate success.  You should be spending 10%  on your marketing what you desire to earn annually.

That means that if you want to make $100k a year you should be spending around $1k a month on marketing.

That is a decent chunk of money to spend on flyers, newsletter, gifts, cards, signs, social media, website, monthly services, direct mailers, and the like.  Without a strong Marketing Plan is quite possible you might end up not allocating that money properly and leave business, and dollars on the table.

 

What Is S.M.A.R.T. Marketing?

SMART is a mnemonic, giving criteria to guide in the setting of objectives, for example in project management, employee performance management and personal development. The letters broadly conform to the words specificmeasurableattainablerelevant and time-bound.

SMART criteria are commonly attributed to Peter Drucker’s management by objectives concept. The first known use of the term occurs in the November 1981 issue of Management Review by George T. Doran. – Wikipedia

If you are anything like me you need all the tools you can get to help cut through the clutter of being a small business owner (Read:  Overworked, Underpaid, and Overwhelmed) 

Your 2014 Internet Marketing Plan should be:

Specific – “Imagine that your boss is about to leave for vacation, and you have less than 90 seconds until he/she runs out the door, and all they want is to quickly hear what next year’s goal is” – Hubspot

Measurable – Make sure your marketing goals are trackable.  You can say your goal is to increase your mailing list, and that is a good goal, but you can not track it.  Instead you might want to say you want to increase your mailing list by 120 contacts.  Then you know you need to get 10 new contacts a month, and you can track your progress.

Attainable – I remember back to my commission sales days my sales managers would allways set goals that both us knew I could not reach.  This left me thinking, I am going to fail whether I work my butt off or take it easy.  In addition I was never able to fell the gratification of success, and it is that feeling that motivates me.

Relevant – Don’t make goals just to make them.  Try to reverse engineer what your business needs then think of what you would need to do to make that happen.

For example:  You might have a goal of getting 12 new listings.  But if you are not selling listings than you may be holding yourself down with a positive goal.  Instead think of a goal that might help you sell your listings, like increasing your Listing Marketing budget.

Time-Bound – There needs to be a timetable for your goals.  In order to set your goals properly you will need to know when to initiate different phases.  Take the example above… perhaps you might say that you have a goal of getting 1 new listings per month, giving yourself enough time and budget to sell your inventory in a timely manner.

 

Marketing Plan Inspiration From the Pros

Now that we have a plan for how to do our 2014 Internet Marketing Plan… let’s get Inspired!  Cue, Richard Simmons.  We are going to “Sweat To The Oldies”.

 Marketing Plan Template

Ok by now you have a petty good plan for an online marketing plan, and your all jacked up on inspirational quotes so how do you document this plan?

With an Excel sheet.  Excel is like the duct tape of Small Business management.

You can download a S.M.A.R.T. 2014 Internet Marketing Plan Template and get the complete insights eBook used to create the slideshow above here:

2014 Internet Marketing Template
 

By |2015-11-03T17:54:27+00:00December 6th, 2013|

About the Author:

Jason Fox - Real Estate Marketing Business: We build WordPress Real Estate Websites with IDX Me: #GoHawks, #BringBackTheSonics, #MaybeNextYearMariners, #ILoveMyKids #SeattleSunLover #SeattleWaterLover #BFF Blog: Focuses on Wordpress Websites, Content Management, SEO Services, SEM Campaigns, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Beautiful Design, IDX, and more.

We would love to hear from you...

Pin
Share
Tweet
+1
Share
14 Shares