Traffic By Powerpoint! How To Use Slideshare For SEO
We have all heard the phrase “Death By PowerPoint”, but what about “Website Traffic By Powerpoint”? Sounds a bit fishy until you see what I mean.
“With 60 million monthly visitors and 130 million pageviews, Slideshare is amongst the most visited 200 websites in the world.”
Slideshare is a Presentation Repository. The site allows you to to upload your Powerpoint Presentation and store it in their vast library of presentations in the cloud.
If you put your presentation on Slideshare for SEO you will almost certainly get Traffic By Powerpoint!
Features of Slideshare
- Upload presentations publicly or privately
- Download presentations on any topic and reuse or remix
- Embed on blogs, websites, company intranets
- Share on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Zipcast: free, no download, 1 click web meetings
- Leadshare: generate business leads with your presentations, documents, pdfs, videos
- Slidecast: sync mp3 audio with slides to create a webinar
- Embed YouTube videos inside SlideShare presentations
How To Use Slideshare For SEO
It really is quite simple, provided that you already have a presentation. You may have a Powerpoint Presentation that you prepared for:
- Sales Presentation
- Or just for Slideshare SEO
As usual I am using the FREE version of Slideshare for SEO.
- Create your FREE Slideshare Profile using your Linkedin or Facebook login
- Click one of the big orange Upload Buttons
- Once your presentation is loaded make sure to click “Edit Details”.
- Make sure to give it a Catchy Title that will get peoples attention
- Like all things SEO, Keywords are important
- Give it a good solid, Keyword Rich, description.
- Choose a Category, Tags, and click “Update”
Your presentation will be live on the Worlds Largest Presentation Community!
Often times after I have created a slideshare I will use the embed code given and make a blog post out of the slides to help generate both Traffic and SEO.
My personal Slideshare Profile is quite modest as I have not been utulizing the tool often enough or promoting it well enough.
- As you can see below 2 previous presentations I had uploaded have over 2,ooo views and the 1 I uploaded yesterday already has 64.
- When I do a Google Search for the Title of the presentation it is the number 2 search result. In addition when I just search for “Smart Phone Apps For Real Estate” a pretty competitive keyword the slideshare is on Page 2 of the Google Search.