You Can Never Have Enough “Blog Post Promotion Tips” [Infographic]
Have you ever thought, you know I am getting far to many Likes, and Comments on this blog post? Me either. Usually it is the opposite. There is something we can do about that… Incorporate blog post promotion tips into our routine.
“Without promotion something terrible happens… Nothing!” ~ PT Barnum – TWEET THIS!
12 Blog Post Promotion Tips
- Keyword Optimize Your Post
- I could not agree with this more. You can read my 10 steps to Blog Post SEO article for a How To.
- Syndicate Your Content
- This is not for SEO benefit, rather to generate traffic from different sources. I use Onlywire.
- Shorten Your Posts URL
- I do not personally do this. That is not to say it is not a good strategy. Bit.ly or Goo.gl would be my choice.
- Tailor Your Status Updates
- Copying and pasting the same content is not as effective as writing a custom post to each social media platform that you share on.
- Post Teasers On Other Sites
- I like the formula they give in the example. You definitely do not want to give the reader all the information available… there is no motivation to visit your site.
- Bookmark Your Content
- Onlywire does this for me.
- Comment On Other Blogs
- This is a great way to build your name in your niche. In addition some blogs let you put a link to your website. There is a plugin called Comment Luv that I use. When I visit a site that is also using Comment Luv it puts a link directly to my last post.
- Seek and Assist On Twitter
- I may use Twitter a little differently. Here is my How to: Twitter For Business post.
- Add To Email Signature
- I do not do this.
- Share Your Blog Post With Target Customers
- You can email a targeted list’s using Mailchimp or Aweber Email Marketing services.
- Add Your Blog Post To Your Next Newsletter
- Again you can do this with Mailchimp or Aweber. I use Mailchimp and put my email subscribers on an auto email system that sends them all blog posts I have created 1 time weekly.
- Ask Other Blogger’s To Mention Your Post
- Creating a Tribe of like-minded industry blogger’s is extremely beneficial. You can carry out this somewhat daunting task fairly easily with Triberr. Read more about Triberr here.
This Blog Post Promotion Tips Infographic suggests you print a checklist and hang it on your wall… I totally agree. There just is no point of spending time creating content to not have anyone read it.
Want Even More Blog Promotion Tips:
Thanks to the fine folks at Divvy for creating this infographic.