A Simple and Free Tool to Get Google Reviews for your Business
90% of Consumers Say Online Reviews Impact Buying Decisions
I will start by telling you that I have made many mistakes concerning my reviews.
1. Asking my clients to review me on my site using a review plugin
2. Asking my clients to review me on a 3rd party sites like Linkedin and Mosaic Hub
You can see I have many positive reviews on this page that do not show up on local searches
3. Not asking my clients for reviews
There are only 2 sites that I should focus on getting my reviews (a 3rd for Real Estate Agents)
1. Google Local
When I search for local businesses these are the only reviews that I see that propagate on the first page of Google.
Why Worry About Reviews?
If you still need to be convinced that getting online reviews is important you can do a simple Google search to get some feedback from the pros or I have written about it many times:
If you want customers to find you on Google, look good on Google.
Google Review Tool
Whitespark has created a simple and free tool to get Google Reviews for your business. Thank you @Whitespark !
Previously I had written that the easiest way to get Google Reviews was to send your clients a direct link to your review box.
There are 2 problems with this method… Your customers need to be logged in to Google for it work. This seems to be a bigger problem than I assumed it would be. And it does not work on mobile.
Rather than sending a lengthy email and confusing directions on how to give me a review. Whitespark has created a tool that creates printable easy to follow instructions for how to leave a Google review, on both desktop and mobile.
You Can Create Your instructions by just:
- Entering your business information
- Choosing which platform you would like instructions for
- Saving the created .PDF
Review Handout Generator by Whitespark
SAMPLE INSTRUCTION SHEETS:
- >> Google Review Desktop Instructions
- >> Google Review Mobile Instructions
- >> Google Maps App Google Review Instructions
Reviews Best Practice
- Visit the Review Handout Generator tool and create .PDF instructions for Desktop and Mobile
- At the conclusion of your business transaction send your clients an email asking them if they could spare 3 minutes to give you a 5 star Google Review.
- Let them know if they are at a desktop they can you use the Desktop Instructions and link to your instruction sheet.
- If they are on mobile they can use those instructions and link to your instruction sheet.