Using a Free IMPress Listings WordPress Plugin and a Pack of Themes You Can Get Free By Signing Up As A Member
“The 3 P’s of Selling a Home; PRICE, PRESENTATION and PROMOTION” ~ Unknown
I can not help you with Price or Presentation but I can help you to become a better promoter.
Have you heard the phrase; “Single Property Website”? These have been around for a while and my old company had a product called the “Listing Makeover” that made some pretty awesome Single Property Websites.
You have probably used:
- Tour Factory
- Real Bird
- Listing To Leads
Or some other service or company out there to create your Single Property Websites.
Single Property websites are an easy and cost-effective way to create an individualized website (or webpage) for 1 listing. A way for you to market your listing, besides just putting it on the MLS, and most importantly to impress your sellers. It gives the listing a stronger web presence and makes it easy to share the listing via Social Media and Syndication.
While giving the listing its own space on the internet may not sell the home any faster (although sometimes it does) it will certainly make you look like a Real Estate Marketing Whizz. And that can help you get more listings.
I am going to show you how to create Sexy Single Property Websites with a WordPress website, a free IMPress Listings plugin and a pack of themes you can download free if you become a Real Estate Marketing Member.
Agent Evolution has a cool little plugin that has been around for a few years called IMPress Listings, it used to be called WP Listings. What it does is allow you to manually add listings to any WordPress websites in stylish, simple, and organized way.
It allows you to add listings much like you do on your MLS, but it is even better because you can upload even more details and images.
In addition to giving you a template to create Archived listings on your WordPress website the plugin also has 2 neat widgets.
- Featured Listings — This allows you to beautifully display your listings as a row of listings on your website
- Listing Search — This gives you a search bar to search for the listings you have created using the plugin
I have referenced this plugin in the past most recently as the preferred tool for creating and archiving your “Sold Listings”.
More recently Agent Evolution released Listing Templates that work with the IMPress Listings plugin to make the listing pages look like single property websites.
Meaning, instead of looking like the rest of your WordPress website each of your manually entered listings can have a customized theme, or look and feel.
There are now 5 Listing Templates Available:
You can download the themes by joining as a free Real Estate Marketing Member.
Or if you are a client of ours we can load them for you.
Or if you are using the Equity Theme they come pre-loaded for you.
Creating A Single Property Website
You will need to have a WordPress website, and have the IMPress Listings Plugin loaded and activated. You will need to download the Themes if you are not using Equity.
Loading the Listing Themes
This is actually a bit trickier than you would hope for, but once it is done you don’t have to worry about it again.
1. Unzip or extract the theme out of each .zip folder
2. Using FTP, SFTP, or your CPanel you will need to load the 5 .php files into your Themes folder
All Hosting Providers Will Have Information On How To Access Your FTP or SFTP
- I use a program called Filezilla and SFTP to access the file directory of my WordPress websites
- You will need your FTP or SFTP Host (Something like: sftp://182.33.164 )
- You will need your Username (Possibly the same as your WordPress username)
- You will need your SFTP or FTP password
- You will need to know your port
3. Once logged in to your WordPress file directory you will need to find your Themes Folder
Your File Directory should look something like this on the right hand side of your Filezilla application:
- Find the wp-content folder and click on it
- Find the themes folder and click on it
- Find your active theme and click on it
- On the left hand side of your Filezilla application is the Directory for your computer and should like something like this:
- Find the folder that you extracted the Listing Themes into
- Simply double-click each of the 5 themes and Filezilla will load them into your Themes folder
- They are the files that end it .php
That’s it the Listing Templates are now loaded into your WordPress Website
Adding The Listing
This is the easy part. Once the IMPress Listings plugin is loaded and activated. And the themes are loaded into your WordPress Theme folder you can start adding your listings.
- Click on the “Listings” Category in your WordPress Dashboard
- Click on “Create New”
- You will be directed to what looks like an average Post or Page screen:
But you will notice a difference right away, the “Single Listing Template” selector.
- Give Your Listing a Title: The Address, or a consistent description of the listing with the city and state
- Scroll Down and Start filling in the “Property Details”
- When You Get to “Photo Gallery” be sure to add images in the form of a “Gallery”
- If you have a Tour Video or Virtual Tour embed code you drop it into the Video Box
- You can get Map embed code by entering your listing address into Google and Clicking on the Map
- Find the “Gear” icon at the bottom right of the full size Google Map Screen and click on it
- Click on Embed or Share, click on Embed Map
- Click on the Size and choose custom size: Enter 660 and 300
- Copy the embed code and paste it into the Map Box
- Add Additional Details
- Select the Property Type, Location, and Status
- Click “Save Draft”
You have created the IMPress Listing.
Now we want to make it a Single Property Website.
Go to the Single Listing Template Selector and Select each the 5 Listing Templates and click the “Preview” button to see how it looks.